1. Need I install Scilab on the client machine?
Answer: you needn’t.
2. The server has been successfully installed and
started. Why can’t the clients connect to the
Answer: Check the the setting of firewall on server
to make sure the port for Scilab Anywhere can be accessed.
3. I get the error message when installing the server:
Answer: Check the Makefile for Server installation.
Set the right path of “SCIDIR” which represents
the Installation path of Scilab.
4. Can I use Scilab graphics instructions on the Scilab Anywhere
Answer: All graphics instructions are available. But
you can just get the graphy in the “gif”
format,and as a result ,you can't rotate it as in
the Scilab Graphic Windows.
5. Why can't I use the command help and exec in the Windows' client?
Answer: In the C/S part of Scilab Anywhere project, we have not made a shield for the two commands in the Windows' client. But as for the security, in the Linux client, you will find you cannot run the two commands:-)